Monday, May 2, 2011

Post BFA Opening Reception

WOW!!!! The show came together SOO nicely!! We received comments like, "This doesn't look like a student show, but rather a gallery show" and our gallery director explained how we've been "the nicest group of seniors to work with"!! I was able to share the experience with friends and loved ones, and I couldn't have asked for anything more! The closing reception is Friday, May 13th, so if you missed the opening, you can still make the closing!! Otherwise, the gallery is open everyday, so stop by on your own time to check it out! The Riverfront Arts Center Hand Pulled Print show went well too! We mingled, drank wine, and looked at great printmaking for a few hours. I decided not to go to the Gallery 3 opening because of other events and people visiting, but I heard that went well. Now that all the excitement is dying down, I am starting my second project for my Independent Book Arts class. I received a grant earlier this year to complete this project-- a series of 10 unique books with calfskin vellum covers. Traditionally, you would only bind vellum books one way [the limp vellum binding] but I will be binding all 10 books differently to see what else can be done with vellum in binding.  More to come with that!! Also, pictures of the show and installation will be uploaded soon, so keep a look out for that! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment